Attribution is a way to “purchase” files without actually paying money. Giving attribution means you’re crediting Brusheezy. Examples include linking to our site, and/or using our logo in your design or product.
When you use one of our files for free, we ask that you make a material change to the file to create value and give us attribution.
Examples of when to use attribution:
- Using a Brusheezy file for free on a brochure, memo, article, invitation, etc.
- Using a Brusheezy file for free on a website, webpage, etc.
- Using a Brusheezy file for free on a personal item or project (i.e. the product does not make money)
- Using a Brusheezy file for free on a commercial item or project (i.e. the product does make money)
Examples of how to give attribution:
- A link to our website on your website, webpage, etc. Just copy and paste the following code for attribution: Free Brushes by <a target="_blank" href="https://www.brusheezy.com">Brusheezy!</a>
- A link our website on your Facebook page, Instagram post, or other social media platform
- Our logo on your product (link to blue high-res PDF Brusheezy logo here, and a white high-res PDF file here)
Examples of when attribution is NOT needed:
- If you’ve purchased a Premium license to use our product through credits or a subscription*
*Exception: A small percentage of our files fall under Creative Commons or Community Licensing, license types which may limit or alter file usage. (You will see these files marked prior to downloading, under “License Info.”)
Read about Creative Commons Licensing on the Creative Commons website.